Interested in learning tips for how to keep your produce fresh for longer? Join us for our NEW community waste reduction classes! We will cover a variety of topics related to food waste, including food storage and preservation, food packaging, waste diversion, and more! Plus, each class will also include a hands-on activity or recipe component. Classes are free to anyone in the community, especially those receiving food assistance. Registration is required for each class.
New to The Kitchen?
- Location: 1234 E Front Ave, Spokane, WA 99202. Second Harvest has its own free parking lot directly in front of the building.
- Please arrive to class 10 minutes early if possible and enter the main lobby at the East end of the Second Harvest parking lot. There will be a sign-in sheet there and we'll walk back to The Kitchen together.
- If you require an assistive device to walk long distances, please bring your own. The Kitchen is located at the back of our warehouse.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all classes and events.
- By attending kitchen classes and events, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give Second Harvest the unqualified right to take pictures and/or recordings of you and grant the perpetual right to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge Second Harvest from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image. Thank you.