IMPORTANT CLASS INFORMATION:
In this class we will review knife and basic preparation skills needed to cook a variety of dishes at home focusing on ingredients available at your local food bank. Then we jump into an hour or more of hands on cooking.
This is a hands on class, please wear closed-toed comfortable shoes and tie long hair back. Also, bring containers to take home any extra food.
This class is for adults but teenagers may attend with a parent or guardian present. Minimum age for these classes is 13 years old.
Please arrive to class 10 minutes early and enter the main lobby at the East end of the Second Harvest building.
Tofu is one of the most versatile, inexpensive, and nutritious forms of protein out there; it can be used in any meal from breakfast to dessert. But how on earth do you cook it? This week in the Kitchen, we will be teaching you how to turn tofu from a bland block to a delicious dish! You will learn about the different kinds of tofu and how to prepare and cook tofu using several methods. You’ll leave this class with the knowledge and confidence to go home and make some yummy tofu meals of your own!
Event Registration Policy - PLEASE READ
- Make sure to remain on the registration page until you see the THANK YOU page appear. You are now signed up. Otherwise, you are not signed up. As soon as you sign up, please check your email (including your junk/spam folder). If you did not receive an email confirmation, you are not signed up. If you are ever concerned that your registration did not go through, please call us immediately and we will verify if you are signed up.
- Please check your email for a confirmation before signing up again
- If we see the same name registered multiple times we will delete all but one of the same name
- If you are signing up more than one person at a time, you must make sure that the attendees name is accurate and different than your own. Limit the number of additional people you sign up to three, any guests above three should sign up on their own. If you have a group of more than four, please call us to register.
Attendance Policy - PLEASE READ
- Please limit the number of classes you sign up for to two per month
- If you would like to sign up for an additional class that month please email me and we will add you to a waitlist for contact if a class needs to be filled
- This will help us be able to provide this service to as many clients as possible
- Please do not sign up for a class unless you are sure you will be attending
- If you need to cancel a class, it needs to be done 72 hours (3 days) prior to the class and done so via email or phone message.
- If you are not sure that you will be able to attend a class within 72 hours (3 days), please go ahead and cancel via email or phone.
- Please be aware that we are not available the day of the class for cancelations, so it is imperative that you cancel within 3 days of the event. For example, if today is Monday and you are scheduled to attend a class on Thursday, and you are not sure you can attend, you need to call today (Monday – 3 days before) to cancel.
Everyone is welcome, we are here to serve people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes.
Please contact Emily Kanally at 252-6249 or Email with registration questions.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL OPEN ON JUNE 6th