Registration for this event is now closed. Please check our Calendar of Events for other great classes coming up.
Cooking classes held in The Kitchen at Second Harvest are designed to serve people facing hunger.
Community Cooking Classes during 2023 have generously been sponsored by Coordinated Care who is helping build healthier communities one meal at a time.
Class Theme: Roasted Veg Mac N Cheese
Nothing says cozy like good ol’ mac and cheese. Roasting vegetables before adding them to our cheesy noodles adds a whole new level of yum. In this hands-on cooking class we’ll teach you how to make a roux – a classic culinary skill that you can use to make more mac and cheese or as a base for soups, gravies, and more.
Recipes: Roasted Veggie Mac N Cheese
New to The Kitchen?
- Before registering for class CLICK HERE to learn about our class guidelines.
- No Show Policy is in effect! If you can't join us after all, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. After 2 No Shows, you MUST CALL to register for classes. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
- Bring containers to take home recipes prepared in class.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all classes and events. Please arrive 15 minutes early to Second Harvest in order to get signed in.
- By attending kitchen classes and events, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give Second Harvest the unqualified right to take pictures and/or recordings of you and grant the perpetual right to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge Second Harvest from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image. Thank you.