- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups of sliced onions and peppers of any color
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. fresh or ground ginger
- ¼ t. red pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
- ½ t. salt
- ½ cup peanut butter-creamy
- 1 ¼ cup milk-use non-fat if preferred
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts (optional)-chopped
You may also incorporate a cup of cooked lentils or whatever veggies you would like!
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil, then turn down.
- Stir in the peanut butter and milk and return to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 5 minutes
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and top with peanuts if desired.
Nutrition: It would simply take pages to go through all the great nutrients in this soup. Garlic and ginger have a long history of medicinal treatments-both are known to improve digestive systems, heart health, and brain health and chock full of vitamins and minerals. Daily tea made with ginger can boost your immune system. Spinach is full of vitamins and the nutritional value is off the charts. The carotenoids in spinach can help your body combat prostate and ovarian cancer, build strong bones, improve your mental function, improve your gastrointestinal system, help your eyesight and provide iron which will give your body energy. The bright colored vegetables are full of anti-oxidants and beta carotene.