Join us for the four week cooking series from the Plan, Shop, Save, Cook curriculum Every Tuesday evening in March from 5:30 to 7:00pm. Each week, we will cover a different topic regarding meal planning, grocery shopping, budgeting, and, of course, cooking!
Classes are designed to build upon one another, so please only sign up for the series if you can make all four. Participants will receive a Farmer’s Market Cookbook at the completion of the series.
To learn more about this workshop series follow this link: https://uccalfresh.ucdavis.edu/curriculum/adult/PSSC
Questions? Contact Maria at 509-252-6272 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Week 1 - Plan (March 5th)
- Learn how to plan meals and use shopping lists to save money & time
- Week 2 - Shop (March 12th)
- Learn to choose foods that are nutritious and fit within your budget
- Week 3 - Save (March 19th)
- Learn techniques to stretch food dollars such as unit pricing and brand comparisons of products
- Week 4 - Cook (March 26th)
- Discover tips to help you plan nutritious meals for an entire week and taste a healthy, low-cost recipe
THIS CLASS WILL OPEN FOR REGISTRATION 2/19/2019.
Important Class Information:
In this class we will review knife and basic preparation skills needed to cook a variety of dishes at home focusing on ingredients available at your local food bank. Then we jump into an hour or more of hands on cooking. This is a hands on class, please wear closed-toed comfortable shoes and tie long hair back. Also, bring containers to take home any extra food. This class is for adults but teenagers may attend with a parent or guardian present. Minimum age for these classes is 13 years old. Please arrive to class 10 minutes early and enter the main lobby at the East end of the Second Harvest building.
Event Registration Policy - PLEASE READ
- Make sure to remain on the registration page until you see the THANK YOU page appear. You are now signed up. Otherwise, you are not signed up. As soon as you sign up, please check your email (including your junk/spam folder). If you did not receive an email confirmation, you are not signed up. If you are ever concerned that your registration did not go through, please call us immediately and we will verify if you are signed up.
- Please check your email for a confirmation before signing up again
- If we see the same name registered multiple times we will delete all but one of the same name
- If you are signing up more than one person at a time, you must make sure that the attendees name is accurate and different than your own. Limit the number of additional people you sign up to three, any guests above three should sign up on their own. If you have a group of more than four, please call us to register.
Attendance Policy - PLEASE READ
- Please do not sign up for a class unless you are sure you will be attending
- If you need to cancel a class, it needs to be done 72 hours (3 days) prior to the class and done so via email or phone message.
- If you are not sure that you will be able to attend a class within 72 hours (3 days), please go ahead and cancel via email or phone.
- Please be aware that we are not available the day of the class for cancelations, so it is imperative that you cancel within 3 days of the event. For example, if today is Monday and you are scheduled to attend a class on Thursday, and you are not sure you can attend, you need to call today (Monday – 3 days before) to cancel.
Everyone is welcome, we are here to serve people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes.
Please contact 509-252-6249 or Email Emily Kanally with registration questions.