Thank you for your interest volunteering in the Kitchen at Second Harvest.
Orientation #2: In this orientation we will be focused on training for Mobile Market and Healthy Pantry support while incorporating information about additional volunteer opportunities in The Kitchen. We thrive on community support and time generously given by dedicated volunteers. From recipe prep, to leading nutrition education classes, to lending a hand at our Mobile Market food distributions and (exciting new Mobile Market Bus!) , there's an opportunity for everyone!
Volunteers will leave the session with knowledge of our mission, a snapshot of food insecurity in our region and country, and next steps for getting involved with volunteer opportunities. We look forward to getting you involved with promoting health and nutrition in our community.
Skills / Experience required:
- Basic food handling knowledge or ability to learn about food handling
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as one-on-one with clients
- Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to adhere to program policies and team decisions
This is a hands on class, so please wear closed toe shoes and clothing comfortable for a kitchen environment.
Light snacks provided, and more details to follow upon registration.
Questions? Contact our Nutrition Education Coordinator at email@example.com or call 509.252-6271.
Together we can all make a difference in the lives of our neighbors.